Saturday, December 21, 2013

12 Days of Christmas

I am taking a quick break from "Sweet Aunts" and will be doing a recipe a day for a "12 Days of Christmas" theme from my holiday collection. It will be much briefer, as I will only include what the friend or family member wrote for me on the card.

The first day of Christmas my true love made for me...

3 loaves of Pumpkin Bread.

I started with this one because even if it isn't "pumpkin season" this is a delicious way to start your day (or end it). It is moist and delicious and the best pumpkin recipe I have tried.

Pumpkin Bread Recipe from Doris

3 c sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
3 tsp baking soda
1/2 c. brown sugar
3 1/2 c flour
1 c walnuts
2 c pumpkin (small can)
2/3 c water
1 c oil
4 eggs

Mix all dry ingredients and then add the remaining ones. Beat well until blended. Bake in loaf pans. Fill pans 1/2 full. Grease pans and bake at 350 for 1 hour. This recipe yields 3 pans.





No comments:

Post a Comment