Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sixth Day of Christmas: Crab dip and Shrimp Cocktail

For the sixth day of Christmas my true love made for me...

Six Triscuits with crab dip

"As a child I soo looked forward to Christmas Eve (and not just because we got to open a present early at the end of the night)--I loved as each of the older kids arrived home, the food, the tradition, the eating around the coffee table, the family being together and the lively discussions. I knew our meal was different from what other folks did. I knew-for back then- it was sophisticated fare. It was a special meal on a special night."

Note: I brought my electric fondue pot, and left the electric cord at home, so no cheese fondue this time. With yesterday's eggnog and the crab dip and shrimp, the Christmas Eve Feast is almost complete.

Aunt Beth's/Grandma's Crab Dip

1 package of cream cheese (have this softening on the counter-top for a few hours)
Green Onion
Worcestershire Sauce
1 can of crab 6 oz (Crown Prince fancy white lump preferred)
Pam

Preheat over to 300 degrees.
\Pam the inside of medium small casserole dish.
Chop very thin green onions using white and light green sections only
Mix drained crab, cream cheese and onions in a bowl
Add Worcestershire until mix goes from white to very light cream (or to taste)
Put in casserole dish and level out evenly in the dish
Place in oven for 30 min or until top is golden brown.

Serve with triscuits (a Carlton family tradition) or Carr's water crackers. I double this when I have people over-exact ingredients times 2. I add more time for cooking based on top going golden brown.

For the shrimp, I bought store bought shrimp and cocktail.








No comments:

Post a Comment