Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Fifth Day of Christmas: Eggnog

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love made for me...

Five golden glasses of eggnog

I don't have many pictures because I was distracted by how difficult getting egg whites to stiffen was when you don't have egg beaters. I can provide a picture of my tears, if you'd like.

"Evokes lots of great Christmas memories--Brian's eggnog, Cindy's Beer and cheese fondue, Beth's hot sauce for shrimp, mom's hot crab dip! Sitting at the coffee table in front of the Christmas tree." --Aunt Cindy.

Brian's Better Eggnog
(adjusted to serve Carlton's need for "More")

7 eggs
3/4 sugar
6 milk
3 teaspoons of Vanilla
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup Apricot Brandy (I omitted this...this time)

1) Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry
2) Mix egg yolks, add sugar and milk, beating until well blended . Add vanilla. Fold in egg whites, fold whip cream for extra thickness.
3) Pour into champagne glasses. Sprinkle Nutmeg on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment