Monday, December 30, 2013

Ninth Day of Christmas: Cranberry Mouse

On the 9th day of Christmas my true love made for me...

9 glasses of cranberry mousse

"What a fun cooking idea! I'm sending you my mom's recipe for cranberry mousse. We always have it for the holidays, and I think it is a fun way to serve cranberries!"

Leslie's Cranberry Mousse

1 6 oz strawberry flavored gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
3 tabl lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup crushed pecans

In a large bowl dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple. Set the pineapple aside and add juice to the gelatin. Stir in cranberry sauce, lemon juice and nutmeg. Chill until mixture thickens. Fold in sour cream, pineapple and pecans. Pour into a glass serving bowl. Chill until set, about 2 hours. Top with whipped cream if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment