Friday, December 27, 2013

Seventh Day of Christmas: Swedish Cream Wafers

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love made for me...

7 Swedish Wafers

"Cassie--here is some of our favorite Christmas cookies passed down from my grandma Anna."

Note: It said to cut them fairly thick, but I'm not sure if maybe I over-did that part. Only Penne knows for sure.

Aunt Penne's Swedish Cream Wafers

Mix together thoroughly 1/3 cup whipping cream, 2 cups flour, 1 cup butter. Chill.

When chilled, roll out dough, fairly thick. Cut with round cookie cutter. Sprinkle each cookie with sugar and prick a few times with fork.

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet @ 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Cook cookies; put together with filling made of 1 egg yolk, 1/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 t almond extract.

Use food coloring to dye filling green and red.



No comments:

Post a Comment